Program Description: The Arts Program prepares young women for a successful transition into college in the areas of visual, performing and media arts. The Arts Program offers students both theory and hands-on experience in various creative art topics. Students may choose to join the Media Arts, Visual Arts, or Performing Arts track. The program exposes students to project-based learning, experiential learning, and the opportunity to work with teaching artists that are professionals in the field. After successful completion of the Arts Program, an SMA student will have gained extensive exposure to that particular field including career options.
Mission: St. Mary’s Academy Arts Career Path Program creates an environment where our students find their creative voice and become effective storytellers in order to have their voices heard.
- Heidi Duckler Dance Program
- SMA Today Production Team
- Spring Production
- Annual Art Show
- Arts Assembly Performances
- Art Club
- FIDM Fashion Club
- Crochet Club
- Film Club
- National Art Honor Society
- Ryman Arts
- Art Contests
- Entertainment Industry Mentor Program
- The Arts Program reaches students who might otherwise feel stifled by traditional academics by providing a creative outlet..
- The Arts Program reaches students with different learning styles.
- The Arts Program creates a feeling of cooperation between students and a connection to the world around them.
- The Arts Program creates an exciting space for learning and discovery.
- The Arts Program promotes a growth mindset to help them master their craft.
- The Arts Program assists in student development of skills like resilience and self-confidence.
- The Arts Program helps improve cognition across variety of subject areas.
- The Arts Program teaches communication skills in a variety of ways words cannot.
- The Arts Program deepens cultural and self-understanding.
- The Arts Program helps students learn empathy by connecting with the world around them.
- The Arts Program provides a space for commentary on social justice issues.
- The Arts Program helps students express their dreams and innermost thoughts.
- The Arts Program helps with mental health and overall-being.
- The Arts Program creates innovators that will help design our future world.